These baked sweet potatoes are a great alternative to the standard fried ones. Of course, the result is different but this version is mouthwatering!
Do you know that:
– Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre (happy gut), minerals and vitamins;
– 80 g of sweet potato (1 medium) count towards 1 of your 5 a day.
Courgette ricotta fritters
- 2 courgettes, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 leek, very thinly sliced
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 95g flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the courgettes, leek, ricotta, eggs, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well, then stir in the flour mixed with baking powder just until fully incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. In a large pan, heat 1/4 inch of olive oil until shimmering. Add 2 Tbsp of the courgette batter to the hot oil, spreading them to form the fritters.
- Fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels and serve right away. Tip: make them ahead and re-heat in a 180°C oven.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp corn starch flour (for the crunchiness)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- Preheat the oven at 200°C
- Peel and slice the potatoes into batons
- Mix together in a bowl the potatoes with corn starch, olive oil, smoked paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well!
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and bake for around 25/30 minutes (make sure to stir the potatoes after the first 15 minutes).
Paired them with your favorite dip or with a quinoa and greens salad, hummus and avocado