Do you struggle to eat more plant based and include more plant based protein in your diet?
Try this Vegan Burger recipe – it’s a fun way to eat more legumes.
- 250g tinned cannellini beans, drained
- 1 small beetroot, boiled and diced
- 1/2 a big courgette or 1 small courgette, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and stir-fry the onion until it’s golden brown.
- In a mixer add the beans, courgette, beetroot, 1/2 of the caramelized onion, oregano, pinch of salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add little by little the bread crumbs to the mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- When the mixture is malleable but not too thick it’s time to create your burgers – about the size of your palm.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the burgers and bake for around 20/30 min to 200°C.
- Now heat the burger bun, add the burger and your favourite sauces and veggies. I chose avocado, vegan mayo, the remaining onions and baby spinaches.