The perfect recipe for summer as it can be served warm or cold.
Barley with rocked pesto
- 40g pine nuts
- 4 handfuls of rocket
- 4 big basil leaves
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 lemon juice
- nutritional yeas/grated Parmesan
- olive oil Rest of the ingredients:
- 400g barley
- 250g fine beans
- 250g chickpeas
- extra rucola
- handful of cherry tomatoes *olive oil
- Cut the fine beans in half or in three parts and stir fry them in a pan with olive oil and onion if you like it.
- Add all the ingredients for the rocket pesto to a container and grind for a few minutes
- Cook the barley following the cooking instructions. Once ready combine together all the ingredients. Add the pesto, fine beans, extra rucola, tomatoes and chickpeas. You may want to add some pine nuts for extra crunchiness.
- To boost the flavor add some lemon juice.