This is my go to recipe for pancakes – easy and versatile. You can modify it by using different flour (whole meal, buckwheat), you can add chocolate chips or raspberries instead of blueberries. If you use ripe sweet banana you won’t need to add any extra sweetness, otherwise, you can add some sugar to the dough or drizzle the pancakes with honey/maple syrup.
Blueberry banana pancakesr
- 2 ripe large bananas (with black spots on the skin)
- 190 ml soy milk
- 150 g flour (white or buckwheat or whole meal or a mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- butter (or coconut butter for a vegan alternative) to grease the pan
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork
- Add the milk and whisk well
- In another bowl sieve the flour with the baking powder and start adding this mix, little by little, to the mashed bananas and milk
- Combine well the ingredients
- Heat a knob of butter in a pan and pour the mixture.
- Add the blueberries on top of the pancakes and when they start bubbling flip them.
- Keep going like this and add more butter/coconut butter to the pan if needed.
Toppings: I like serving them with plain yogurt (to add more protein) on the side, extra blueberries and hazelnuts