Are you looking for an indulgent and filling breakfast? This is the right recipe for you Baked oats is one of my favourite way to have oats. It requires around 15 minutes and it feels like having a dessert in the morning – Perfect start of the day.
Oats are one of the best foods for breakfast as they are high in fibre. In particular, they contain a fibre called beta-glucan which keeps our blood sugar levels stable and keeps us full for longer throughout the morning. Furthermore, there are studies showing that consuming oats contributes to reducing cholesterol and promotes heart health.
My favourite combination is with banana, blueberries and chocolate – I love the melty square of chocolate on top.
Chocolate baked banana oats
- 45 g rolled oat
- 150 ml milk (I used soy fortified milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1 big ripe banana
- fresh/frozen blueberries
- Dark chocolate (or milk chocolate if you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- In a bowl soak the oat in milk and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Mash 1/2 banana and add it to the soaked oat.
- Add the cinnamon and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour it all into a ramekin and top with the other half of the banana (sliced) and fresh/frozen blueberries. Sprinkle some cane sugar on top for a caramelized texture.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve with some dark chocolate on top.