This vegan curry is packed with vegetables, fibre and plant-based protein – and a big flavor.
It takes around 30 minutes and I personally love to batch cook it and freeze it for when I have no time to cook. I used summer veggies (courgettes, tomatoes, carrots, leeks) but it can be adapted with your favorite ones.
For a complete meal pair it with some whole grain rice or pasta, whole bread, flatbread or baked potatoes.
Red lentils curry
*200 g red split lentils
* 3 big courgette, chopped
* 3 big carrots, chopped
* 1/2 leeks, sliced or more if you like it)
* 4 handfuls of tomatoes, cut in half
* 1 tbsp tomatoe purée
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp gram masala
* 2 tsp of dried coriander (or chopped fresh coriander)
* 1/2 tsp chili flakes
* 400g coconut milk
* olive oil
1. Heat some olive oil in a large pan, add the sliced leeks, the herbs and spices. Cook on medium heat.
2. To the same pan add the carrots, courgette and tomatoes.
3. Once the veggies are tender but not fully cooked add the lentils, tomato purée, coconut milk and cover with water.
4. Cover with a lid and cook until the lentils are ready.
5. Serve with rice and coriander.