These strawberry muffins are sweet, fluffy and moist – perfect for breakfast or for a snack/afternoon tea. I think the combo strawberry and almond is simply delicious. They are full of fresh sweet strawberries and whole flour for a fibre boost. Why not pair them with some yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast?
Strawberry almond muffins
- 96 g plain flour
- 125 g whole flour
- 125 g almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 65 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 230 ml milk
- 60 ml olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a bowl combine the flours with baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a larger bowl whisk the milk with the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Dust the strawberries with 1 tbsp of flour to prevent them to sink to the bottom of the muffin cups.
- Mix the dry ingredient into the bowl with the wet one and combine. Add the strawberries.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup (this is the perfect amount) to scoop the batter into the muffin cups.Bake for 20 minutes.