On my Instagram account (here) I wrote a few posts on snacks and how they can be helpful in achieving your daily protein requirements if you are an athlete with higher needs.
These roasted chickpeas are a great idea for snacking during the day – a high plant-based protein snack that contributes towards your daily fibre goals = happy gut!
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp (or more) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the chickpeas with olive oil, paprika, salt, and chili flakes. Mix well until the chickpeas are well coated.
- Add the chickpeas onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Store ad room temperature and aim to consume them the same day or the second day.