These Vegan Lentils Meatballs are full of flavor thanks to the dried thyme and soy sauce. Without too much prep needed you will have your lunch or dinner sorted – simply add some grains and veggies to your meal.
You can batch cook them and leftovers can be used for your lunchbox the next day.
Vegan lentils meatballs
* 1 can of green lentils (250g), drained and rinsed
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 large onion or 1/2 leeks
* 1 heaping Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
* 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
* 1 Tbsp tomatoes purée
* Giant wholegrain cous cous (or other grains)
* Mixed stir fry vegetables or a salad
* Datterini tomatoes sauce or standard basil tomatoes sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a food processor add the lentils, olive oil, onion or leeks, thyme, pepper, tomatoes purée and the soy sauce. Blend together.
2. If need add 1 or 2 Tbsp water (be careful not to add too much water) and add 2 -4 Tbsp breadcrumbs (again, be careful not too add too much breadcrumbs – the exact quantities will depend on how much water you add and how soft is your dough).
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Scoop out 1 Tbsp of dough and roll into balls and place on the lined tray. You should end up with 12 balls (it depends on their size).
5. Drizzle the balls with some olive oil.
6. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for around 20 minutes.
7. Serve with a cous cous salad and some tomatoes sauce or with a tomato pasta using your vegan meatballs.