I’ve made these cannellini beans with curry powder on repeat the past week – they are quick (ready in about 10 minutes) and delicious. Plus, it’s a way to introduce more plants into your weekly meals, which means more fibre and a happier gut.
Courgette ricotta fritters
- 2 courgettes, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 leek, very thinly sliced
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 95g flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the courgettes, leek, ricotta, eggs, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well, then stir in the flour mixed with baking powder just until fully incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. In a large pan, heat 1/4 inch of olive oil until shimmering. Add 2 Tbsp of the courgette batter to the hot oil, spreading them to form the fritters.
- Fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels and serve right away. Tip: make them ahead and re-heat in a 180°C oven.
I served mine with brown rice.