By far, this lentil bolognese is one of my favourites dishes and I make it at least once a week. If you have only 15-20 minutes to prepare your lunch (or dinner) this is the perfect recipe. My suggestion is to use pre-cooked lentils – I used the puy lentils from Merchant gourment and they work perfectly for this recipe. I love their flavour, taste and texture.
My tip: batch cook it and freeze it!
Head over to my website for the recipe, ingredients and instructions.
Let me know in the comments if you love lentil bolognese as much as I do.
- 300g pre-cooked lentils
- 160g pasta
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 big carrots, grated or finely minced
- 2 celery sticks, finely minced
- 2 leeks or 2 small red onions, finely minced
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh basil
- parmesan or vegan cheese, grated
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- In a mixer finely mince the carrot, celery and leeks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the vegetables and bay leaves and gently stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the lentils and combine the ingredients. Add the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, combine with the sauce and serve with fresh basil and grated parmesan.