A vegan heartwarming soup rich in flavor and packed with plant-based protein. I would say it is perfect for vegenuary (and if you are not a broccoli fan).
Broccoli and Cannellini beans soup
1/2 leek, finely sliced
400g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
600g broccoli (a big one or two small)
500ml veg stock
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp miso paste
Salt and pepper to season
Chilly flakes (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pan, add the leek and miso paste. Gently stir fry with a ladle of water.
- Chop the broccoli florets and stem (don’t waste it) and add it to the pan with the beans.
- Add the stock and mix well. Boil for around 20-30 minutes or until the vegetable is soft.
- Once ready, blend with a hand blender until creamy.
- I served mine with the remaining olive oil, olive sourdough bread and some roasted broccoli florets and beans.
- For the roasted broccoli and beans, simply preheat the oven to 180°C. Add the broccoli florets and beans to a baking tray, season and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.