This creamy salmon pasta is my go-to recipe when I need a delicious meal ready in less than 30 minutes. The combo of salmon, lemon zest, ricotta cheese, spinach and peas is simply mouthwatering (and nutritious).
You can swap the spinach for chestnut mushrooms – trust me it’s a winning combination!
If you don’t like ricotta you can use creme fraiche instead.
Creamy salmon pasta
- 160 grams linguine or spaghetti
- 2 fillets salmon, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 leek, finely sliced
- 50 ml white wine, optional
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 4 Tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon zest
- dill, fresh or dry
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and add the leek. Cook for 3 minutes and add a dash of water if needed.
- Boil a kettle and fill a large saucepan with the water. Bring to boil, add a pinch of salt and the linguine. Cook for 10 minutes (or according to pack instructions).
- Add the salmon fillets to the leek and cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Add a dash of wine if you wish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently break up the salmon into big chunks.
- Add the peas and spinach.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, until the spinach has wilted and the peas are soft. Add dill to the salmon.
- Stir the ricotta in a small bowl with a ladle of the pasta water to thin the sauce. Add the sauce to the salmon.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the salmon and sauce. Mix well.
- Serve garnished with some extra dill and lemon zest.