You must try it – ready in 20 minutes or less! This meal is perfect as a post-workout meal as it provides around 20g of protein and 60g of carbs:
– Tofu is a great plant based source of protein
– Noodles provide you with plenty of carbs
– Veggies provide you with additional carbs, fibre, micronutrients all crucial when we speak about recovery nutrition!
Stir-Fry noodles with glazed tofu
- 150g tofu (I used the @cauldronfoods original tofu and it’s my favourite)
- Egg noodle, 1 nest (around 65g)
- 1 medium/large courgette
- 1 medium/large carrot, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- fresh grated ginger (1cm or more) To serve:
- Fresh coriander
- Chili flakes
- Nigella seeds or sesame seeds
- Dice the tofu and add it into a bowl with corn starch, mix until the tofu is well coated.
- Cut the vegetables using the “julienne” technique (or finely chop them if you don’t have time)
- Heat the olive oil in a non sticky pan and add the grated ginger. Stir fry for 1 minutes (be careful not to burn it) then add the vegetables.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes and add the soy sauce. Cook until soft but still firm.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles accordingly to the pack instructions.
- In another non sticky pan add the the tofu (drizzle some olive oil if needed) cook the tofu and once there is a crispy crust add the teriyaki sauce with 1 Tbsp of water. Stir well.
- Serve your noodles with the veggies, tofu and fresh coriander. Sprinkle some nigella seeds and chili flakes for extra flavor.