A delicious option for a quick lunch or a recovery meal (post-workout), ready in about 15 minutes. A great balance of protein (to repair muscle and tissues fibres) and carbohydrate (to replenish glycogen stores). Plus, salmon is a great source of Omega-3.
- 2 skinless salmon fillet
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1cm fresh ginger, finely sliced or grated
- 2 handfuls of broccoli florets
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Wholegrain Rice
- In a pan heat some olive, add the vegetables and cook over a medium heat until tended but still firm.
- In a small ball mix together the sauces and a dash of water.
- In another pan hear a drizzle of olive oil with grated ginger and chilli flakes.
- Add the salmon fillets to the same pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Poor over the sauce mixture and cook for another 4-5 minutes (or less depending on the size of your salmon fillet).
- Add the rice to the vegetables pan as stir fry for a few minutes.
- Serve the salmon with the rice and vegetables. Sprinkle some chilli flakes, sesame seeds and Nigella seeds for extra flavour.
Top tip: having some microwave rice or mixed grains in your cupboard will make your life easier! For a cheaper option cook your grains in large quantities in advance and store in the fridge or freezer for those days when you have zero time to cook.