This Porridge Cake is rich in fibre and delicious. If you want to try something different for breakfast this is for you. This recipes serves 6 portions (roughly!) and it is great for meal prepping.
If you slice it in small rectangle you can make some cereal bars ,perfect to carry out with you on busy morning.
Serve with some fresh milk or yogurt.
- 250g rolled oat
- 2 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 apple
- 400ml milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and dice the apple. Add them in a bowl and squeeze some lemon juice. Add the spices and stir well.
- Add the oats, milk and honey. Mix well.
- Line a baking tray and add the mixture. Spread evenly.
- Add some blueberries or raspberries or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.